Wednesday, September 23, 2009

On That Note...

Here's my entry for one of the best film intros ever. Orson Welles' "A Touch of Evil" has one of cinema's most impressive tracking shots. While previous films, most notably Hitchcock's "Rope" (which was essentially all tracking shots), had dabbled with the technique of uninterrupted takes, it took the creativity of Orson Welles to take a neat trick and turn it into an expression. It may not be as beautiful as Tarsem's opening credits, but technically I think it's amazing...

2 comments:

  1. Damn dude. That shit is just audacious. I can't think of a director today that would have the balls to try something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dudes
    jesse showed me your blog, i'm hooked. that is a crazy scene. check out this spiderman type tracking work! probably my favorite:
    I am Cuba
    take er easy
    d

    ReplyDelete